About Me

My photo
My blog is about my life. Crafts I do, food I cook, shopping, make-up, drawing, books, music, films... I got B.Sc. in geology. I like olives, the color purple, pin-up styles and Sen-Sommer Vise :)

Thursday 9 September 2010

Nail polish swatches + food

So I'm now back from Denmark. I got ill just after I got back, but I'm all better now :)



So I am now getting some posting done again.



This time I have some photos of my nail polishes, and some swatches of them :) I have written the names of the polish colors in the image with the swatches.




















And lastly I thought, I'd share one of my own faves. It's an Asian inspired quick dish I like to do (and I make it in the dairy gluten free version, and it's not even extra effort). It'll take no more than half an hour (takes me maybe 15 minutes, but I've done this so many times I can do it in my sleep lol).


I made a portion for 2 people.


You can change the veg to what you like, but today I used a small courgette and one yellow bell pepper, and just chopped it into small elongated pieces. you could also use other colors of pepper, peas, small pieces of broccoli, spinach, leeks etc.


I then fried the veg in a bit of Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO). I then added my spice mix, salt and pepper. Today I used a mix of allspice, ginger and Tikka blend (asda brand). Again you can change the spices, just don't make it too hot. But I sometimes use a little chili, cinnamon, nutmeg, cumin, paprika... Some times I add a bit of lime or lemon juice too.


Then I added a sachet of coconut paste and then some rice milk (you can use regular milk or cream). You could also just buy a tin of coconut milk and add instead.


Then I added about 20 cooked King Prawns (10 per person), and just let it cook on low heat for a few minutes till the prawns are hot.


I serve it with rice noodles. I get them cheap from Lidl or Aldi (can't remember). They just need boiling water poured over them, and then stand for 3 minutes or so, and they are ready to serve.


Hope you enjoy :) x


No comments:

Post a Comment